This repository contains the material for the Deep Learning Workshop conducted in the IAP 2019. The slides are also available at on Google Drive.
If you do not already have a workstation set up for Deep Learning, you may want to run the notebooks in Google Colab.
If you have a workstation or cloud instance set up for Deep Learning, our recommended way to run the notebooks is to run it in a Docker container
nvaitc/ai-lab (learn more). For now, we will also assume that you are using Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04, and have an NVIDIA GPU card in your workstation/instance. The instructions are below.
Using the Notebooks
A. Google Colab
1. Open Notebook in Colab
- Proceed to Google Colab and click the “GitHub” tab.
- Enter in the URL of this repository as follows and simply select which notebook you wish to open
- Change runtime type to GPU
- On the menu bar, go to Runtime > Run All
- Accept the usual warning, and you will be able to run the notebook
- All the notebooks should be able to run just fine, do open an issue if you face problems.
B. Workstation / Cloud Instance
1. Setting up CUDA, NVIDIA drivers, and Docker
sudo su root curl https://getcuda.ml/ubuntu.sh | bash # your computer will reboot # after your computer reboots, add yourself to the docker group # if you don't want to run docker with sudo # you may need to log in and out again for this to take effect sudo usermod -aG docker $USER
2. Pulling the
nvaitc/ai-lab Docker image
- This container includes many data science, machine learning and deep learning packages that are preconfigured and ready to use.
- This is a 6GB download!
- Find out more about the image at its GitHub repository.
docker pull nvaitc/ai-lab:latest
3. Download the code labs
git clone https://github.com/OpenSUTD/deeplearning-workshop-2019 # take note of where you cloned the files to! # we will assume it's at /home/$USER/deeplearning-workshop-2019
Alternatively, you may download this repository as a zip file from the GitHub web interface.
4. Start the container and mount the folder
Please change the path
/home/$USER/deeplearning-workshop-2019 to where-ever you downloaded the files to in Step 3.
nvidia-docker run --rm -p 8888:8888 -v /home/$USER/deeplearning-workshop-2019:/home/jovyan/ nvaitc/ai-lab
This will output a chunk of output in the Terminal. Take note of the last few lines.
Open your web browser and point to
localhost:8888. You will be asked to enter a token. This can be found in the last few lines of the Terminal output.
- Soh Jun De
- Aiden Chia
- Timothy Liu